Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Playing Catch up due to computer probs

First of all, an apology for the odd way the blog breaks up words in odd places! I assure you I would not do that on purpose!!
Secondly, the Panorama Trip was on the 26th, and I have added two pix from that great day. On the left is the fab banana-cinnamon crepe with ice cream and caramel sauce. On the right is English group that
shared the day and helped me over some rocks and slippery spots.



On Saturday, the 27th, Cedar (Lor's dau) took me to the local butcher to get some "Biltong", a traditional dried beef somewhat like jerky except wider. They also had biltong made from game meat, but it was drier and hard. The 3rd pic is of many kinds of rolled sausage made from....well, maybe I don't want to know!!

I had mentioned earlier that Lorraine, Nicholas, and I drove to Sabie on the 28th to visit the curio shop and to have pancakes (this could be habit-forming!). Below left is an overview of the shop from a balcony. Below ctr is a huge rock painted like a turtle. At rt is a new soccer stadium built for the World Cup in

Nelspruit. It may be zoomed too much to tell the support are orange giraffes!
I was again unsuccessful at putting these two pictures in the proper place, but I have given up!
 When I actually publish this, who can guess where they might be.