Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Extraordinary Day at Table Mountain


 From the red bus, the mountain looked clearer than I have seen it so far. The upper tram station is at the far right side. (upper rt); you can see the car in the station.
As we ascended, I saw the path below that I could have walked up for free...like THAT'S gonna happen!!
(below lt) You can see Robben Island, Lion's Head, the soccer stadium, & the V&A Waterfront (not far from my B&B). Below rt is the view to the east with indigenous vegetation that covers the all of the boulder-strewn
table top. Below is the view to the south end of the peninsula--Cape Point & Cape of Good Hope, which I saw yesterday.

 Left is Hout's Bay where we took the boat to the island of seals. On the right is a dassie, sort of a prairie dog/groundhog combo.


 (Lt) a car descending to the lower station. BTW, the floor of the car revolves 360 degrees during the ride, so everyone gets to see.
 


Above right is one of the western cape beaches from the bus heading back to town with a backdrop of the Twelve Apostles. I stopped briefly at Camp Bay, which is the last picture. BTW, it was 75-80F.