Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Journey is about to begin....FINALLY!!!!

Today was packing day, and I was relieved to find that my bag weighs only 41 pounds. There are a lot of gifts in it that will not be there when I come home. I am grateful to every one of you over the months who have asked "How many more days?", as that helped me maintain a suitable level of excitement about the trip. NOT that I wasn't excited enough on my own!!! We will leave here at 0200 and leave Raleigh at 0700. I have high hopes that I will sleep on the 15 1/2 hour JFK-Johannesburg leg of the trip, but I am not usually good at that.
This is my first experience with a blog; but if you will keep checking it, I will try to give you some pretty pix to look at, sort of a preview of the scrapbook (s?) to come!   TTFN.   Carol