Monday, August 22, 2011

Now in Nelspruit (NE South Africa)

On the 21st (Sunday), I said Goodbye to the staff of Brenwin House (at left)and flew to Nelspruit to spend the next 20 days with my friend, Lorraine, and her family.

Seeing Lorraine at the airport was marvelous and  we shared 47 years worth of hugs (that's how long it has been since she lived in my home in high school!) Then I met her husband, Jannie, who drove us home from the airport, and we hit it off right away. BTW, his name is pronounced like Yawnie.
Today, we met for tea and muffins at a place called Mugg & Bean with Lorraine's daughter, Cedar (on left at rt) and her mother-in-law. AND of course, the star of the show was Cedar's daughter, Nina, who is 4 months old and adorable!
 
 Now, because I have to take weird pictures, I had to film the design on the cappucino and the HUGE muffin.

 The next posts will have more photos, but these first 2 days have given us time to become reacquainted and to make some plans about how to organize the local trips and tours for my stay here in  Mpumalanga Province. TTFN