Friday, September 2, 2011

Off to Kruger for 2 nights

Lorraine and I will spend the next 2 nights in Kruger Nat. Park with her grandson and his friend. I am not sure about internet connection there while out on safari in "the Bush" ,so you may not see a post for a while. I wanted to share these pictures of Penelope, the lovely woman who serves as Lorraine's housekeeper (domestic). I am fascinated by the way African women carry their babies in a home-made backpack made of a towel or a large piece of fabric. So Penelope let me take her picture as she did her work with Nina on her back.


When we return from Kruger on Sunday, I will have to pack for Victoria Falls so we can leave at 6AM Monday for 3 nights. My next post may be from there. Thanks to all for joining me in this marvelous but troubled country.